David Bowie Is - on tour
Monday 2 March to Wednesday 16 March
David Bowie's V&A extravaganza, 'Is' continues its world tour in Bologna, Italy, with further dates scheduled for Japan in 2017.
The exhibition is adapted to local markets. For example, curators at the Melbourne leg explored his links to the Australian continent - the video for 'Let's Dance', Bowie's biggest selling record focused on the plight of Indigenous Australians and included images referencing slavery, a lost generation and the British nuclear testing in the 1950s.
Over 300,000 attended the show on its record breaking run at the V&A Museum in London and it has since gone on tour to museums in Canada, Brazil, Germany, the USA, France, and Australia.
- Art Gallery Ontario, Toronto, Canada, from 25 September to 19 November 2013
- Museu da Imagem e do Som, Sao Paulo, Brasil, from 31 January to 20 April 2014
- Martin-Gropius-Bau, Berlin, Germany, from 20 May to 24 August 2014
- Museum of Contemporary Art, Chicago, USA, from 23 September 2014 to 4 January 2015
- Cité de la Musique, Paris, France from 2 March to 31 May 2015
- Australian Centre for the Moving Image (ACMI), Melbourne, Australia from 16 July to 1 November 2015
- Groninger Museum, Groningen, The Netherlands from 15 December 2015 to 13 March 2016
- Museo d'Arte Moderna di Bologna (MAMbo), Bologna, Italy from 14th July to 13 November 2016
- Warehouse TERRADA G1 Building, Tokyo, Japan from 8 January to 9 April 2017
- Museu del Disseny de Barcelona (Barcelona Design Museum) from 25 May 2017
- Brooklyn Museum, New York, USA - from 2 March to 15 July 2018.